Tuesday, February 2, 2010

From the Past: My First (of Many) Piece on Krugman

More than six years ago, after having read enough of Paul Krugman's missives in the NY Times and elsewhere, I decided to write my own criticism of The Great One. Little did I know it would be the first of many, as I figured at the time I was just saying my peace and that would be the end of it.

Since, then Krugman has continued to write, and so have I. As I read through this article that I wrote in 2003, I can say that nothing has changed with Krugman, and my view of his brand of "economics" has not changed, either. It was a fraud then, and it is a fraud now.

Keynesianism appeals to the supposed "common sense" of people when, in reality, it distorts what actually happens in an economy, and in many ways, it is as destructive as the atomic bombs that hit Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945. The difference is that one could see the damage in those cities, while with Keynesianism, we see the results of the damage but all too often, people cannot recognize the source.

No comments: